At my “listening post” this song rang in my mind: “There’s a whole lot of shaking going on!” That was a song I heard so many times in my 20’s---from Jerry Lee Lewis! It’s even kind of scary---“We’ve never been this way before.” Well, I believe the whole world is experiencing an incredible shaking—which God is doing for various reasons. It is also fulfilling prophecies recorded in Scripture, such as:
"See to it that you do not refuse him who speaks... At that time his voice shook the earth, but now he has promised, 'Once more I will shake not only the earth but also the heavens.' The words 'once more' indicate the removing of what can be shaken—that is, created things—so that what cannot be shaken may remain. Therefore, since we are receiving a kingdom that cannot be shaken, let us be thankful, and so worship God acceptably with reverence and awe, for our 'God is a consuming fire' - (Hebrews 12:25-29).
I have heard it often spoken: God is in the process of shaking everything that can be shaken. He is not shaking some things: He is shaking everything. If you and those around you are not experiencing some sort of change and some sort of shaking in your own life, then you must not be living on planet earth. God is trying to get our attention, and He knows that it will take a great shaking to wake us up to His ways and His dynamic call on our lives at this time.
Perhaps you are a light sleeper, but for many people it takes a great shaking to wake them up out of a deep slumber. Friends, we are in a most dynamic season in all of world history. Good and bad times are on the horizon, and it’s time to wake up and arise as the people of God.
The Lord is creating a global crisis with no solution apart from Him, and He is the primary source of this shaking.
It’s not time to turn over in our bed, wrap that pillow around our head, and think that this is just a bad dream. No! This is the real thing. From all appearances we are in the last days, and it’s time for the harvest. It’s time to get our lamps filled with the oil of His Spirit.
Here are a few facts to awaken and stir our spirit:
• The world is ready to hear the gospel - Multitudes are searching for truth, even those caught deeply in false religion and compromise. Nothing else works but Jesus.
• Hopelessness and suicide are at an all-time high - But where there is the deepest hopelessness and despair, there is opportunity to share the greatest hope and salvation. Jesus brings hope to the hopeless.
• Human trafficking, pornography, sexual sin, perversion, & diseases are increasing quickly - At the same time, God is bringing freedom into many lives caught in darkness. He is bringing a greater awareness and a new determination in passionate prayer to see the release of millions enslaved in sin.
• We are on the brink of the greatest outpouring globally that this world has ever seen - Revival will hit the nations in a greater and more far-reaching way than any of us have ever dreamed possible. We must be ready.
• Across every nation, the Holy Spirit is raising up a powerful prayer and worship movement - We are still in the early stages, but hunger for prayer and worship is increasing at a remarkable rate. Houses of Prayer are starting all over the world.
God is removing everything that hinders love. Every nation is being shaken. His people are being purified all over the earth in order to bring in this great harvest of souls worldwide. He is bringing forth an unshakable Kingdom.
We have a dynamic role to play IN PRAYER that will change history forever. This is the part we must grab hold of now. God will not do our part. We must ask; we must knock; we must cry out to Him. “
"We will soon see prayer become the chief purpose and focus of the church, above any other activity. Intercession is no longer just an option. The basic calling of the church is to be 'a house of prayer for all nations' (Mark 11:17). There are no remedies for human problems without God, and the whole earth is about to learn this." - Rick Joyner
Can we worship on a daily basis—from our homes? YES! What better place? And in our homes, in the “secret place” with God, we can travel the world in our prayer life! Not only that, there is a glorious joy in entering into God’s agenda in the end times. We don’t have to fear. Instead we can love and worship God for letting us live in such a great moment of history. Yes, there are difficulties but the greatest difficulty is living a lukewarm and half-hearted life. Wake us up Lord! Stir up the HOLY SPIRIT IN US! OPEN UP OUR EARS SO WE CAN HEAR WHAT THE SPIRIT IS TELLING US IN THIS TIME.
PRAYER: Dear Lord, we can’t help but notice the shaking: from earthquakes, fires, virus’s, tornados, economic distress---the list can go on and on. But here today, Lord, will you shake everything in us that is not pleasing to you? Will you shake our outlook, ambitions, attitudes, the way we treat others? Will you awaken us from slumber? May we be refreshed, refilled and refurbished by your Holy Spirit—that in these days of shaking may the work you are doing in us be complete and we come out stronger than ever? We trust you, Lord. Do your thing. Love you much, Your sons & daughters.